October 21, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 61

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 61:

File this under "'tis better to have loved and lost than to not have loved at all" ... but it was on this date 11 years ago that DJ left us -- kind of.  After all, he didn't leave our hearts or our thoughts or our memories, and if the world ends in 61 days like the Mayans say, and my life does flash before my eyes on 12.21.12, I'm going to really enjoy reliving all the times that we all had together.  We sure did blur the lines between friends and family back in the days of the fraternity house living, and I could go on and on with story after story (but I'll save most of them to comfort me as the world ends -- and I'll be sure to have a Swisher Sweet with me for that moment if it actually happens).  Tonight, I'll just remember you as I did from the first time we met at the Padilione party in Cornwall, where, as was my shtick, we shook hands as a contest of strength, with neither letting go (stubborness is just like a magnetic force, drawing people together) until we knocked over the dog's food dish.  And the rest, as they say, is history -- a history I still wish you were here to write.  You are missed by many, DJ ...

No comments:

Post a Comment