October 30, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 52

100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 52:

File this under things I miss most about the 18 months I lived in Uniontown ... but if this will be my last Halloween because the world is ending in 52 days (allegedly), then I'm going to stop and remember one of the best Halloweens I had, working at Fright Farms outside of my 90's-home-away-from-home.  To give credit where credit is due, I got that job exactly 20 years ago because of Jacquelyn J (... I wonder where she is nowadays ...), and my "scene" was just a creepy ghost-ish guy in a graveyard.  We were to distract the passersby by doing absolutely nothing, building up suspense as they moved toward the house from having already gone through the haunted pyramid, and the junkyard with its tire maze and the possibly culturally insensitive gas chamber that kicked off the experience once folks disembarked from the haunted hayride through the corn fields.  And then once they gave up on the scene, the casket popped open for the "scare moment".  Of course, not everyone would jump -- at which time we would break into a little "we got your 7 dollars" dance (until we got in trouble for taunting the customers in that manner).  And one night I decided to do a little "performance art" and spent the whole evening in the corner watching a candle burn until it died (my cast mates thought I met have actually had a break from sanity that night -- I insist that it was intentional on my part -- and a quasi-religious experience should you ever find yourself in that scenario).  What can I say -- good times -- feels just like yesterday!  Oh -- and Happy (maybe final) Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment