September 17, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 95


100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 95:

File this under how you made my college experience the "bestest" ... but as the world maybe ends in 95 days, can I just mention how much I enjoyed everything you did for me during those years, Deborah R. Fullam (now LVC's VP of Finance but in my time there, the controller).  Not only did you let this high school runaway carry a balance year after year after year as I worked multiple jobs, got grants and loaned the rest, you let me represent the student body on the Budget Priorities Committee during my junior year (is it still a junior year when you're in year 3 of what was 12 semesters overall?)!  And -- I'll never forget it -- but you even had a cake ready for me the day I stopped by the office to pay that balance down to $0.  If my life flashes before my eyes in 95 days, I just might see a picture of that cake, and for that, I'm grateful (even if I never properly expressed it).

No comments:

Post a Comment