September 19, 2012

Bonus Post: Thing 93


100 Things I've Always Wanted To Say But Never Did And Now Maybe Should Since The World Might Be Ending -->

Thing 93:

File this under you were always there for me ... but as I head toward Florida and vacation tomorrow, I'm reminded of someone I've known since high school that lives there now (although she's out of state on her own vacation as I type this ... but you get the point).  And if the world ends in 93 days as the Mayans predict, let me just stop and say that Holly F (now Holly A), my life was better for having known you.  And although the heartbreaking conversations and song lyric analysis are a part of our story, it's the fact that we remain connected through words to this day that I appreciate most (once either one of us gets started, it will be only after manay many words later that we finish).  And then -- to find out that she regularly devotes her time to help others with terminal illnesses to get their last wishes ... I should have known when she was an angel for me when I needed her so many years ago, that she'd "grow up" to be an angel for so many others.  Here's to you!   

No comments:

Post a Comment