August 7, 2012

Random Tune for Tuesday 8/7/12

And just like that ... it's over.

I could only find two songs that had the devil speaking hard-wired into the lyrics -- and if this doesn't make sense to you, see my random tunes for the previous two weeks.  [NOTE:  my fascination with finding such tunes does not represent a change to my religious thoughts ... I was just inspired to find something "hellish" because it's been so "hellishly hot" these last few weeks.]

And -- actually -- even the hellish hotness is about to take a break here in Chicago. After today, it may not even get up to 80 for the next few days -- which, for August, may even feel downright chilly.

That being said, the devil will still make (at least) one more appearance indirectly in my tune selection.  Why?  I finally broke into the bag of fresh cherries today that I had in the frig for an afternoon snack -- and, after spitting out pit after pit, I was reminded of the classic scene in Witches of Eastwick.  And with that as inspiration, here's the ever talented John Williams conducting Devil's Dance from that soundtrack ...

PHYSICALLY REPULSIVE, INTELLECTUALLY RETARDED & MORALLY REPREHENSIBLE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuoCDrUN77s

No comments:

Post a Comment