August 28, 2012

Random Tune for Tuesday 8/28/12

So I'm just about 10 days into the 90 day free trial of XM Radio in the new car, and although I normally use driving time to play CDs, I did feel obligated to sample the stations this weekend.

It has channels dedicated to every decade -- and I feel like I knew every single song played on the 80's channel, and a good bit of the ones on the 90's channel, but not as many as I thought I'd have known on the POP2K channel (for the 00's).  Like all old people, I guess by that time in my life I was consuming most music from my own collection instead of being open to something new.

That being said, I did so enjoy this tune that was playing on that channel that I had not heard before.  I liked the wordplay, and the cleverness of the song (and I had just visited Cleveland last year so the shout-outs to that city specifically were still fresh enough for me to chuckle about them) ... or, to say it in the words of the late Dick Clark -- I liked the beat, I could dance to it and I give it a 9.5.

TROY AIKMEN, WILLIE NELSON, NASA, the BUSH TWINS ... ALL WANT YOU BACK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45DFVyriVI0

No comments:

Post a Comment