August 27, 2012

Random Memorial for Monday 8/27/12

Gone but not forgotten:  Mauser (RIP).

Good grief -- I know what you're thinking ... another sad story from me of a pet who passed this year.  And you're partially right -- I did confirm that Mauser experienced kidney failure and was put to sleep earlier this month.

To be clear, Mauser wasn't my cat (although he would have fit in with Mauler and Murder and Mystery and Baby in his day), but he was the cat of  my family in Indiana, so I got to visit with him often.  And, let's face it, if you haven't figured it out by now -- most days I would rather spend in the company of pets than with humans anyway.

As a matter of fact, he and I "posed for a photo shoot" that I put on Facebook just shortly before his untimely death (the best picture from that is below).  But I will always most remember him from the holidays 2003, when he and I both napped after the meal -- until we were interrupted for the photo above (and, yes, the difference in these two pics over these last ten years is about 60 pounds -- 20 on him and 40 on me)!

Giant cat with whom I always visited multiple times a year, you will be missed by us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment