August 21, 2012

Random Tune for Tuesday 8/21/12

Yet again -- today's tune is from the artist that I have most frequently  "randomly" referenced since I started this posting project some dozen-hundred days ago (my how the time flies!) -- the one and only Martina McBride.

And let me add a disclaimer -- lest someone break out the Pharisee and the Tax Collector story from the New Testament -- I tell this story not to draw attention to my action but to hopefully inspire others to think similarly as they go about their day.

My favorite part of tonight's tune (Love's the Only House) is when the character telling the story song says about how she picked up the cost of the milk for the poor abandoned single mother in the grocery store check out line in front of her who is short the change, saying ... "the pain's gotta go somewhere ...".  I was at the pharmacy just the other day, behind an adult man who might have been slow and seemed to be on his phone talking to his mother (or at  least that's what it seemed to me) who was saying to her about how the expense of the $4 was worth the cost of the medicines he was picking up and that they would find someone to cover it.  And when his bank card got denied, I found a $5 in my pocket and gave it to the cashier, muttering under my breath ... "the pain's gotta go somewhere".

As the song says ... "love's the only house big enough for all the pain in the world" ... so maybe find some love to give to someone in your day today?  A small gesture helps to fight the evil in this world in a much bigger way than you might imagine.

LOVE's THE ONLY HOUSE BIG ENOUGH FOR ALL THE PAIN IN THE WORLD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzM_lxnzi64


No comments:

Post a Comment