August 18, 2012

Random Soapbox for Saturday 8/18/12

I don't mean to go off on a rave here, but ...

[I have to provide one rave a month ... under doctor's orders, I can't rant all the time ... it's bad for the body and the soul.  I'm striving for a 75% crotchety-old-man-to-be / 25% doe-eyed-innocent-marvelling-at-the-beauty-of-the-world-around-him product mix.]

GAZEBO ROOM DRESSING HAS BEEN SPOTTED IN CHICAGO!  This particular photo was taken at the Jewel-Osco near Southport and Addison (sorry Mariano's -- sometimes I do cheat on you and this location was my most recent ex-grocery) .  If you're from central PA, you already know about this goodie goodness (the first night I had it during steak and salad night in Harrisburg, I asked for extra and tried to drink what was left in my bowl -- and, well, it's a little too strong for that).  If you're not familiar with the product, don't let that sediment fool you -- that's where all the magic is.  Marinate your meats, soak your vegetables in it en route to the grill, pour it over your salad ... so much you can do with it (just don't drink it straight up) ... but go get some now!

After all, Chicago briefly had actual deli style Lebanon Bologna at the Strack and Van Til's when it first opened, but clearly me buying two pounds every other week wasn't enough to keep it in stock.  Let's not have the same outcome now that Gazebo Room is in town!

GO HERE TO GET THE GAZEBO ROOM:
http://www.jewelosco.com/viewstore?facilityId=3632

GO HERE IF ONLY FOR THE THEME SONG!:
http://www.gazeboroom.com/

GO HERE FOR ALL YOUR OTHER GROCERIES:
http://www.marianosfreshmarket.com/StoreLocator.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment