August 17, 2012

Random Flashback for Friday 8/17/12

From the newspaper twenty years ago ...

Kids -- the newspaper is something that old people used to read before the interwebs came along.  In relatively small towns like the one where I grew up, you read it mostly to see who was in the police log -- or for the "funnies" -- or to see who died (for instance, in my hometown, that was always page 2 news!) -- and, for extra special reasons, sometimes you saw friends and family in the personals!

[Heck, who am I kidding.  I sometimes saw friends and family in the police log too!]

But I digress ... in 1992, I opened up the paper to see the announcement of the engagement of my sister Sherry to her husband-to-be Joe.  The wedding was one year later (that will be the cause for some flashbacks next year at this time) ... but this was the announcement that made it all so official -- well, at least to the small town like the one where I grew up!  [Love ya, Sherry!]

No comments:

Post a Comment