August 5, 2012

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 8/5/12

What Chicago is talking about this week:

For MOST of the weekend, it was this year's version of the classic musical festival that was on a lot of folks' minds.  I say MOST of the weekend, as it had to shut down yesterday for 150 minutes when a pretty violent storm blew through town (after the stage collapses in our neighboring state, no one's taking any chances any more).

Me -- I only "check off" one of the four requirements for admission -- in that it's true that I'm white, but I'm not rich enough, hipster or hipster-friendly enough or young enough (drinking non stop in the 100 degree sun and being jostled about by the sold out crowds is most certainly a young person's game).  Therefore, I had to "counter-program" my weekend.  Which interestingly enough meant a double feature of Emma Stone off the DVR last night (both The Help and Easy A), and a visit to the first annual Edge Fest (which seemed to add a BACON component at the last minute to increase attendance [see my "healthy" meal choice on my Facebook page] -- so maybe it was the BACON Fest in Edgewater that I visited?).

And, just to feel like one of the cool kids, I'll get my Childish Gambino fix by trying to find the Donald Glover special Weirdo on Comedy Central.  While I'm doing so, I'll wonder how much of Chicago will shut down tomorrow by people dealing with a Lolla sized hangover?!?

HE'S MORE THAN JUST ONE OF THE LEADS OF 'TROY & ABED IN THE MORNING':
http://childishgambino.com/

BACON SEEMS LIKE IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN AN AFTERTHOUGHT, BUT IT'S WHY I WENT:
http://www.explorechicago.org/city/en/things_see_do/event_landing/events/tourism/edge_fest.html

LOLLA EVACUATED!:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-08-05/news/chi-chicago-weather-forecast-saturday_1_evacuation-storm-lollapalooza

No comments:

Post a Comment