August 13, 2012

Random Memorial for Monday 8/13/12

Gone but not forgotten:  the feeling that I get these posts of mine "mostly" right.

Hey look ... I'm not kidding myself.  I write and post these things for very selfish reasons -- to have some kind of outlet for my twisted brand of creativity and to give me something to do.

But occasionally, I get something wrong and I hear about it.  Take, for instance, my post on Saturday where I was commenting on ads that upset me like the one for Magic T or My Hip T -- and in which I said that the easier solution would be for girls to just buy shirts that fit in the first place.

Thanks to feedback, I've since learned that the industry is partly to blame in that they don't make shirts for tall women that fit so well and in that even in less tall sizes,  the industry is promoting the whole muffin top explosion.

So I respectfully withdraw that section of my post on Saturday, and I propose that I replace it with this comment -- so how about that ill-conceived Arby's ad where the person says that he wants to shake the hand of the person who made the food so he reaches inside the bag to shake said disembodied hand.  I know that the hand is part of the new messaging, but in light of the fingers and finger pieces that are occasionally found in their food -- maybe different branding imaging is to be called for?

Comments said in haste about the clothing industry's support of the muffin top phenomenon, you are now replaced.

THEY SHOULD HAVE RETIRED THE HAND ON MAY 18, 2012!:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47463364/ns/business-us_business/t/boy-finds-piece-finger-arbys-sandwich/

ANOTHER TAKE FROM SOMEONE WITH A TWISTED SENSE OF HUMOR:
http://unconditionedresponse.blogspot.com/2012/05/arbys-disembodied-hand-ad.html

THE POST TO BE EDITED IN LIGHT OF THE FEEDBACK I'VE GOTTEN:
http://www.capcognition.blogspot.com/2012/08/random-soapbox-for-saturday-81112.html

No comments:

Post a Comment