August 3, 2012

Random Flashback for Friday 8/3/12

So if you saw the flashback from last Friday, many things in this picture should look familiar ... the ancient-looking-but-I-guess-modern-for-its-time (1992) mining equipment in the foreground in the left-hand corner and the foliage surrounding this "workstation" and the general haze that permeates from the photo.

The main difference between this photo and last week's photo -- that's my biological mother taking her turn at striking gold (in the glasses and underneath the hat).

P.S.  She didn't strike gold.  But, after all, this was just "recreational mining", according to the note written twenty years ago on the back of the photo -- so it was just for fun.  After all, had she struck gold, I'm thinking she might have shared some of it, and I might be living a more Kardashianesque lifestyle (and I don't mean that I'd just have a fatter ass, as old age and my own dietary habits ... Coke!  Bacon!  Steak! ... are taking care of that development, but that I'd have an empire founded on my golden investments)!


No comments:

Post a Comment