August 31, 2012

Random Flashback for Friday 8/31/12

And here is the second of about six pictures I have from 1992 representing my goodbye to Lebanon on my way to a theatre internship in western PA.

As explained last week, this goodbye to Lebanon meant saying goodbye to the place I worked, prominently featured in the aisle lane markers in the background of this pic (and this was actually at the beginning of that summer and not at the end of it, contrary to the way I'm posting it.)

In the foreground -- that's Travis and John (if my memory serves me well -- which it may not after twenty years), who had the best jobs at Hills (they did a little of everything, emphasis on the little -- nah, just kidding, except that they were always found in close proximity to the break room, as I recall ...) and me (and I still own that tie!) -- all posing for the photographer.

The name of the blond in the back by the hanger collector escapes me (that was an un-fun job -- sorting all of the hangers from the bins below the registers from the clothes that were brought -- second only in un-fun jobs to cutting blinds back in Domestics!!).  Anyone from Lebanon from twenty years ago recognize her from her backside?  "Jill" comes to mind -- but that doesn't seem to ring true the more I think about it -- and it wasn't Sue or Lil or RuthAnn ... If only she were facing the other way, and we could blow up the photo to see her nametag!

Anyway ... the good old days of layaways and low prices and of being where the toys are ... I mean were ... how I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment