July 19, 2012

Random Thought for Thursday 7/19/12

So here are three things I've learned since arriving in Vegas ...

1.)  Be careful when you open the nightstand drawer.  This is what I found ... and although I thought the blue powder in the little baggie at first was something one gets from Heisenberg (gratuitous Breaking Bad reference there, one of the most creative shows in a long time that just returned to AMC), it turns out that it is more likely the powder that bowlers use on their shoes leftover from a recent bowling tournament held here.

2.)  Little children and international tourists are very easily distracted by the sights and sounds of Vegas, and therefore you cannot maneuver through a crowd at a brisk pace without stepping on a few toes -- literally.  My apologies to all of you whom I stepped on this week.

3.)  This property (which I now will not name -- just in case the LVPD are somehow reading this and take an interest in the item I discuss in #1 above) is a Pepsi only property.  And no matter how far I search (on premise restaurant, vending machine, etc) ... none was to be found.  Not even outside or at a nearby establishment ... and I know -- because I left the hotel property desperately one day at lunch, and inquired of standers-by if they knew where I could get some coke.  The first two just looked at me funny (although they may not have spoken English), but the third passer-by gave me a knowing nod and told me to follow him -- at which point I had my a-ha moment and realized that it was not the purchase of Coca-Cola about which he had information.

AND I SWEAR (on that Bible)  -- items #1 and #3 ARE NOT IN ANY WAY RELATED!

GO AS HEISENBERG THIS HALLOWEEN:
http://breakingbadcostume.com/heisenberg-costume/

THE NUMBERS ARE IN ... AND NOW IT MAKES SENSE ... FOLLOW THE $$:
http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2012/jul/10/international-tourists-las-vegas-outspend-domestic/

I BETCHA I CAN GET COKE HERE!:
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/12545

No comments:

Post a Comment