June 17, 2012

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 6/17/12

What Lebanon PA is talking about this week:

Republican Presidential candidate Romney stopped by Cornwall (just outside of town) yesterday.  Not currently living in a contested state, I almost forgot those types of rallies happened (ah -- when modern day science and an old fashioned electoral college system meet, some people just get more attention than others).

And I'm not out to convert anyone (my only "ask" is that you be sure to vote as it is the only way in my mind that you can claim any right to bitch and moan if your guy [or maybe your girl in 2016?] doesn't get in).  But the local news story does say that there were a few Obama supporters there to counter-rally, so maybe Leb'non County isn't quite so uniformly in lock step with the Republican party any longer?  [I apologize in advance for that last sentence, which seems to subliminally call upon certain World War II imagery that probably wasn't entirely intended.  Probably ...]

Ultimately -- it's always all about me, isn't it (ah -- when narcissism and facebook and blogging meet, I just get more attention from myself) ... it did remind me that Dan Quayle came to my high school in 1988 -- and that I went to nearby Millersville University to see Reagan in 1984 (that's me holding up the "students for Reagan" sign near the front in this picture you can barely see ...)


THE TEXT OF THE REAGAN VISIT TO MILLERSVILLE:
http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/speeches/1984/102984a.htm

REMINISCING ABOUT DAN QUAYLE's PERFECT SPIRAL THROWN IN LHS' GYM:
http://articles.cnn.com/2009-08-18/politics/zickar.town.hall.anger_1_town-halls-republican-pat-toomey?_s=PM:POLITICS

ROMNEY RALLIES JUST OUTSIDE OF LEB'NON!:
http://www.ldnews.com/latestnews/ci_20873447/romney-cheered-cornwall?source=most_viewed


No comments:

Post a Comment