May 22, 2012

Random Tune for Tuesday 5/22/12

Although I couldn't find the song (whose lyrics I provide below) on the youtube anywhere (the musical accompaniment to the tour of my alma mater's campus will have to suffice as a tune for today), I still thought it appropriate to take a moment to honor the memory of Gregory Stanson -- who was the Dean during my decade on campus (remember -- I was a professional student, so I may have started in 1989, but I didn't really finish until 2000) and who passed away last Friday (this picture is from the LVC website).

I fondly recall my many interactions with him ... and provide these words as a tribute to him from the school to which he gave so much.  My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this time.

To Thee dear Alma Mater, this ringing song we raise
A song that's fraught with gladness, a song that's filled with praise
We cannot help but love Thee, our hearts are full and free
Full well we know the debt we owe, to dear old L.V.C.

We come from old New Hampshire, where winter breezes blow
And from the sunny Southland, where sweet magnolias grow
We've sung "Star Spangled Banner", to "Dixie" given a cheer
And now we raise this song of praise, to Alma Mater dear.

Ye sons of Lebanon Valley, put forth your strongest might
And let our Alma Mater, win each and ev'ry fight
Lift high its royal banner, and keep its honor clear
And let our song with voices strong, ring down thro' many a year.

NOT THE TUNE I WAS LOOKING FOR, BUT IT WORKS WITH THESE IMAGES:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpkpMtA2ckw&feature=related



No comments:

Post a Comment