May 1, 2012

Random Tune for Tuesday 5/1/12

With it being the end of April, I gladly donated to the Lustgarten Foundation today in honor of those of my Facebook connections who publicly listed their birthdays last month.  And I chose that charity because of the lady in this picture -- my "surrogate" grandma Joanne Dearth, who passed away from pancreatic cancer  a few years ago (after outliving her diagnosis many-fold, I might add).

See below for the designated charities for the rest of the year, and since she was such a fan of this artist, see his stripped down version of "Home" at the youtube link provided.  Joanne -- you are much missed.

[MAY -- National MS Society]
[JUN -- Vital Bridges]
[JUL -- Save the Children]
[AUG -- Muscular Dystrophy Association]
[SEP -- Autism Speaks]
[OCT -- Susan G Komen for the Cure]
[NOV -- Greater Chicago Food Depository]
[DEC -- Trevor Project]

OH LET ME GO HOME:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoSdsfJudGE

No comments:

Post a Comment