April 15, 2012

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 4/15/12



What Indianapolis is talking about this week:


... waking up to this view of downtown Indy was a treat today (it's actually at least the fourth time I've visited as a quick getaway from Chicago), although the 11am carillon ringing did cause me a brief bit of panic.


In my groggy state (as per usual, I was bar crawling that night before -- and please note that it's a "C space Indy" and not Cindy to whom I am professing my allegiance on that Funkier Monkey top score listing), my first thought was actually that it was a tornado warning (especially after the storms that went through the plains the night before -- our thoughts are with those dealing with that damage), but it was clearly too pretty of a sound for that purpose.


[On a personal note, once I put two and two together, I was also reminded that the only other time I was awakened by the carillon was at my surrogate grandmother JoAnne's house in Fairchance PA. As she passed a few years back, it was a bittersweet connection that I made.]


I have to say I'm a bit surprised that Indy is the 12th biggest city in the US (it gives off a nice laid back vibe), but I am already looking forward to a return visit this mid-June (after the Martina McBride concert in Dayton OH and Penguin Palooza in Newport KY).




SO IT MIGHT BE 12th LARGEST BECAUSE IT SWALLOWED UP THE COUNTY IT'S IN:



I'LL BE RETURNING IN TWO SHORT MONTHS!:

No comments:

Post a Comment