April 9, 2012

Random Memorial for Monday 4/9/12






Gone but not forgotten: 21 penguins and 45 seabirds.



I should start by saying that these animals (one of whom I captured in that photo in the summer of '09) were relocated from the Lincoln Park Zoo when it chose to close its Kovler Penguin-Seabird House (and although initial reports said that they'd be back when a new exhibit opens, I'm no longer sure that that is the case) ... so they are literally gone from Chicago but not forgotten (as a matter of fact, the Zoo has provided a "where are they now" update at the link below).



I've been a fan of penguins for years (I'm not sure why ... other than that they are just so darn cute -- a bad pic of my collection is now on FB) so I'm saddened that I can't just walk on over to the local Zoo to get my fix. But I am excited to have started booking my summer vacation plans that will include a Martina McBride concert and a trip to the nearby Newport KY aquarium -- which features, what they call, Penguin Palooza.



Penguins and Puffins and Murres, oh my ... you are missed.





A RECENT 'WHERE ARE THEY NOW' UPDATE:




THE STORY AS FIRST PRESENTED LAST SEPTEMBER:




JUST ADDED TO SUMMER VACATION:

No comments:

Post a Comment