March 21, 2012

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 3/21/12



Tree-hugging 2.0.


Used in a sentence, but only after a disclaimer:


DISCLAIMER: I recognize that tree-hugging has gone the way of college-attending, birth-control-taking and book-reading in the current election lexicon as things associated with "elitists", so please note that I am not directly commenting on this development [although, by even referencing this disclaimer, I am clearly commenting indirectly -- which makes sense, as I love to read and always have (even doing so as I walked to and fro my school), as I attended college for a long time (until they wouldn't let me do so any more because I had maxed out my student loans) and, as I have found myself stopped in my tracks at the beauty of nature (although I guess I never hugged up on a tree ...)]


SENTENCE: While walking home from the dentist office today during the seventh day of record breaking 80+ degree temps in Chicago in March, I did find myself suddenly concerned that all of the trees might have been tricked into blooming and budding too early, and that they would be in for a cruel fate once the weather turned cold again -- so I just briefly entertained the notion that I should walk up to each of them and warn them -- but since I didn't want to be committed, I declined what would have been my foray into Tree-hugging 2.0.


HERE'S HOW SOMEONE TURNED A SIMILAR CONCERN INTO A DAILY DEVOTIONAL:



HERE'S HOW SOMEONE EXPLAINED THAT IT'S GROUND TEMP SO ... NO WORRIES:



HERE'S HOW SOMEONE EXPLAINED IT FOR TOBACCO (MAYBE THE WACKY KIND?):

No comments:

Post a Comment