March 26, 2012

Random Memorial for Monday 3/26/12






Gone but not forgotten: All the pets I've loved before ...


[Did you hear a little Julio Iglesias in that opening, 'cause that happened to me after I typed it.]



I've spent the last two Mondays remembering two pets of mine who recently passed on (2008 and 2010 respectively) -- which, in turn, led me to this -- the last of my more morbid memories -- all of the other pets along the way.



Although my biological family isn't structured in such a way that I've had stories from my early years repeated enough when I was growing up to force the memory -- I do have pictures. Which means I've found me when I was 4 years old with a cat named "Silver" (my momma was good at writing on the back of the pics), with dogs named Wendy and Sandy when I was 6 (oh yeah -- and a few more relatives are in that shot), and then one super blurry photo of me with one of Sandy's puppies. [And if you can get past the cute animals, take a look at me -- how cute was I?]



Although I don't have photos at the ready, I also do remember the dog named Tippy from our place in Lebanon, and the cat named Tuppy from the Woodwards, and little Smokey (pics coming in a year or two to the Friday Flashbacks, as she was the kitten that lived in our dorm at LVC), and DJ's dog Shelby that I often walked and Little One the turtle (I snagged from Mt. Gretna) and Little One the ferret (I inherited from my brother Ben and his girlfriend).



In retrospect, it's just more proof that, in general, I seem to have always enjoyed the company of animals (maybe more than people?) ... and those that are all gone ... you are all missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment