March 16, 2012

Random Flashback for Friday 3/16/12



Let me clarify the following:


1.) My being in makeup for this shot was related to a stage show -- I was not going through some goth or kabuki phase.


2.) This picture was from rehearsal (and not the actual performance) of Barefoot in the Park, the LVC winter play in 1992 (twenty years ago), and so the giant neon McDonald's cup is not an anachronistic error.


3.) Although it may seem otherwise, I was not only doing this show that semester long ago. Apparently, if I reconstruct my life from my files and notes of that time, I was also doing a horrible job at academics (I stopped going to three of my classes, and settled for B minuses in the other three), balancing four jobs (in the LVC library, working at the College Center desk -- which was really just watching drunk college kids hook up at the Underground each weekend, doing the occasional theatre thing with my cousin's company -- taking me to the Columbus area where I did my one and only audition for a McDonalds commercial, and making most of my money by biking back and forth to Hills Department Store -- well, making my money by working there not by biking there), and weighing 165 lbs.


I do keep the oddest records of things, don't I.

No comments:

Post a Comment