February 3, 2012

Random Flashback for Friday 2/3/12



And here's the last picture from the Winter Retreat with Hebron church twenty years ago in 1992 -- it's really the second part of the one from last week, which showed the climb.


This is the triumphant group at the top of the mountain! Well -- mountains are all relative and I realize this isn't Everest or Kilimanjaro or anything -- but it was the challenge we all took on so many years ago -- and it was to honor the concept of the traditional winter hike.


Many of these fine folks are grown with kids of their own .... which makes me feel a little old myself, but also makes me glad that I had that time with them so long ago, when a hike up the "mountain" was the only thing they had to worry about that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment