January 2, 2012

Random Posting for Penn State 1/2/12

First things first -- I'm watching the game on the DVR and I've mid-way through the second quarter so far -- so although I would hope things get better, my fear is that it gets worse -- but my comments should be viewed from that perspective:

1.) Question: I'm aware that ticketcity probably put up a lot of money to name this bowl, but may I offer up the Passover Bowl instead? Or the Predator Bowl -- only in that it's the Cougars against the Nittany Lions (in the Cougar family, right)?

2.) Commentator comment that made me groan: "Rob Bolden is starting". Sorry Bobbie boy -- but didn't we spend most of the semester determining that you just didn't have the skills we needed? Nothing personal and more power to you ... but do we really think that your heart is in this game?

3.) Commentator that made me giggle: I didn't actually hear the announcer make reference to it, but I'm fan of Nelly's (it's with a 'y', right -- cause 'ie' puts a different spin on that statement). Good to see a little country grammar being brought to the bowl season!

4.) Stat of the day: 0. That would be the score at the end of the first quarter -- understandable as it was also the number of completions, first downs, and yards as stats recorded for our boys.

5.) Final thought(s): JoePa -- I wish you a speedy recovery from all of your health issues. Jerry's victims -- I wish you peace and courage and patience as the wheels of justice turn very slowly and this cloud will hang over us for multiple seasons. Matt McG -- I don't know all the details, but I wish you team unity (the kind that doesn't end up with you concussed and seized up on the floor of the locker room). Justin Brown -- I wish you many returns like the one you just did while I was typing this. The fans -- I wish you an off-season to join me in putting behind us this season horribilis (to borrow a phrase from the Queen) -- to a 2012-2013 season separated from this scandal.

THEY PAID SO MUCH MONEY, I FEEL OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE THE LINK:
http://www.ticketcity.com/

I LOVE ME SOME NELLY:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J10aEpRRtww

THE NITTANY LIONS PLAY THE BOBCATS IN 243 DAYS:
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-12/big-ten/2012-penn-state-nittany-lions-football-schedule.php

No comments:

Post a Comment