January 2, 2012

Random Memorial for Monday 1/2/12

Gone but not forgotten: my giving of birthday wishes accompanied by a youtube video.

What can I say? That gimmick of mine was so 2011. Searching through videos as if I was selecting a card. Trying to find the right one to meet my description of "random" that wasn't offensive or too long or off point in some other way. I found a lot of cute kiddies being forced to sing the traditional song, and more than a handful of singing waiters. I almost found every name (although I did have to be careful to grab the right spelling a few times). And a good many were images that were unintentionally creepy (like the upside down faces or the people experimenting with fun mirror filming).

So for 2012, I'm on a new birthday mission. I will donate $1 to a charity for each FB birthday. You may think that those 100 pennies may not go so far – but since I’m doing it for every one of my FB connections that makes his or her big day public, the cumulative amount will end up having a greater effect. The list of charities is below:

JAN -- RAINN
FEB -- Ronald McDonald Charities
MAR -- PAWS
APR -- Lustgarten Foundation
MAY -- National MS Society
JUN -- Vital Bridges
JUL -- Save the Children
AUG -- Muscular Dystrophy Association
SEP -- Autism Speaks
OCT -- Susan G Komen for the Cure
NOV -- Greater Chicago Food Depository
DEC -- Trevor Project

As excited as I am to incrementally make a difference, the time spent trolling through the youtube ... you will be missed.

JAN 2012 CHARITY OF CHOICE:
http://www.rainn.org/

FEB 2012 CHARITY OF CHOICE:
http://www.rmhccni.org/Houses

MAR 2012 CHARITY OF CHOICE:
http://www.pawschicago.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment