November 18, 2011

Random Flashback for Friday 11/18/11





Maybe it's being a child of divorce (a few times over) -- or maybe it's the rules for fair coverage of political candidates this time of year, but I feel like I have to give equal time to both sides of the family tree.


Since I spoke earlier this week about my biological father (by the way, his surgery went fine and he is returning to the nursing home tomorrow), I figured it only fair to include this picture today.


This is my biological mother's late partner Skip. And I have to include two disclaimers ...


1) tonight when I pulled this out of my 1991 photo album, I saw on the back of it that it said Christmas 1992, so tonight's memory may only be 19 years old instead of twenty ... and ...


2) that same notation said that the significance of this jar o honey was to remind Skip of his brush with death -- a story I don't know, so I'll have to tag someone else in to complete this memory! Holly -- I think you can best fill in the "bee" blanks here, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment