October 25, 2011

Random Tune for Tuesday 10/25/11

This song came up during our work team's group skype chat the other day (yep -- we're modern that way -- a virtual workforce toiling from homes across the country that stay connected with that thing that Oprah was so happy to push on the final years of her show and for which Microsoft paid 8.5 billion dollars not that long ago), and I had to admit that I had never heard it.

It seems like it should have fit in with all the "On Top of Spaghetti" and "Oh Susanna" and "I'm Being Swallowed by a Boa Constrictor" songs of my youth. But somehow Mr. Hunsicker was teaching us more local tunes (perfect for Fredericksburg PA) like "My Father was a Finger Lickin' Chicken Pluckin' Somethin'-or-other" (how could I have forgotten that classic verse he added?) and Mr. Reigh was turnin' down the lights and groovin' to Peter Paul and Mary (as fourth graders, I'm not sure how much we appreciated Leavin' on a Jet Plane) instead of teachin' us a tune that was turnin' word tricks on our state names.

[Look at me bein' all colloquial and omitting my final 'g's'!]

Well now, I'm informed about this Perry Como classic -- and, if you click through, so are you ...

WHY DID CALI-PHONE-YA IS A BIT OF A STRETCH, NO?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NztfOSyCCFM

No comments:

Post a Comment