October 18, 2011

Random Tune for Tuesday 10/18/11

I looked under the letter U in my extensive, eclectic and eccentric cassette collection and found just one item. I did have 16 songs from which I could choose once I took a closer peek at it, and I decided to go with the first song on the Unplugged Collection (vol. 1) -- Stevie Ray Vaughn's Pride and Joy.

If nothing else, this should take you back to when MTV aired actual videos -- and occasionally interrupted them with purely musical performances. Before Real World and the Jersey Shore --before music on the channel was just what played underneath kids fighting and loving and being all kinds of ridiculous -- before videos were 10 second clips you might see accompanying the end credits -- you turned on MTV to listen (or, more accurately, to watch) music.

U is for UNPLUGGED COLLECTION, VOL. 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZkLVinwR4E

No comments:

Post a Comment