October 20, 2011

Random Thought for Thursday 10/20/11

I doubt that we will have time travel or cloning in time to traverse across the country multiple times, but here's what I'd be doing this upcoming Saturday if I had my druthers (does anyone know where I can find some druthers at a good price?)!

[note -- all times are local times, further complicating this sci-fi experiment of sorts]


8:30am-Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk on Golden Gate bridge in San Fran, CA*


9:30am-"The Big Flip Off" with Watson Martial Arts at The Lab Gym in St. Louis, MO**


10:00 am-Kaplan free practice tests at DePaul in Chicago, IL***


5:30pm-A Night of Comedy with Steven Wright at LVC in Annville, PA****


6:00pm-Penn State vs. Northwestern at Ryan Field in Evanston, IL*****

* I went looking for a west coast event for this post, and since I only had seen the Golden Gate bridge from a distance when I visited there pre-great-recession, and considering the worthy fund raising cause during "awareness month", it seemed like a good choice!

** A former co-worker of mine left the company a few years back to get all well known in MMA circles, and now he has his own business in St. Louis and is holding a grand opening for it (while raising money in the process for the charity Lift for Life)!

*** Where will you take you? Kaplan, the company for which I work, offers free practice tests for LSAT, GRE, MCAT, DAT, OAT and PCAT in the heart of Chicago, easily accessible from the Fullerton stop of the Red Line. It's still not too late to register at www.kaptest.com!

**** My undergrad alma mater is hosting one of the funniest classic comedians of all time. He of the "experience is something you don't get until just after you need it" and other pithy, hilarious and dry one-liners will be in performance on LVC's campus!

***** It's prime time game time! And the closest that JoePa and both QBs and folks will get to my apartment this season!

Absent a scientific breakthough, it looks more likely that I'll stay local and just get to DePaul and to my couch to watch the Penn State game. But I'll be at the other places in spirit!

IF I HAD MY DRUTHERS ITINERARY, first stop:
http://makingstrides.acsevents.org/site/TR/MakingStridesAgainstBreastCancer/MSABCFY12California?sid=144435&type=fr_informational&pg=informational&fr_id=35954

IF I HAD MY DRUTHERS ITINERARY, second stop:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=111925715581282

IF I HAD MY DRUTHERS ITINERARY, third stop:
http://www.kaptest.com/practice

IF I HAD MY DRUTHERS ITINERARY, fourth stop:
http://connect.lvc.edu/s/1304/index.aspx?sid=1304&gid=1&pgid=13&cid=664

IF I HAD MY DRUTHERS ITINERARY, fifth stop:
http://www.bing.com/events/search?q=Penn+State+Nittany+Lions+%40+Northwestern+Wildcats&p1=[Events%20source="vertical"+qzeventid="f579748"]&FORM=DTPEVE

No comments:

Post a Comment