October 13, 2011

Random Thought for Thursday 10/13/11

THE GIVING of PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE THANKS (24 hrs of thankful living)

Dear Landlord Jim, THANKS for fixing the broken lock on the back gate, ALTHOUGH I would rather have learned of it directly from you instead of today when the wind blew it closed behind me after I took out the trash ... in the rain ... in my "lounge" pants.

Dear Hipster-boys-with-small-feet who live downstairs, THANKS for letting me back in the building, ALTHOUGH I would rather you had done that after I rang the doorbell the first time, instead of waiting for me to pound on your window since I knew you were home and could watch you play your first-person shooter video game on the giant TV I could see from the front doorstep.

Dear Middle-Aged Couple who were walking on the curb and made me pass you in the street while walking home from getting my haircut tonight, THANKS for making me feel younger since I was ambling faster than you, ALTHOUGH I would rather that moment had not turned sad when I realized that you were on the curb because you, in turn, were passing the Super-Elderly Couple who were blocking your way and moving at two inches per step -- which made me sad as they may not have much time left and it was taking them a half hour to go one block.

Dear Reba McEntire, THANKS in advance for coming to sing and bringing so many opening acts with you, ALTHOUGH I would rather not have to travel to Ft. Wayne tomorrow night to see you (not that I'm not making the trip, mind you -- here's to an unexpected weekend getaway to all things Indiana!)

[And this fulfills my personal commitment to offer up one of these each quarter ... more super-short sTROYies coming in 2012 ...]

TICKETS ON SALE 'TIL NOVEMBER, THEN AGAIN OVERSEAS in 2012:
http://www.reba.com/shows/tour/

OTHER THINGS TO DO IN FT WAYNE:
http://www.visitfortwayne.com/

AND THEN -- ON TO INDIANAPOLIS:
http://indianapolis-indiana.funcityfinder.com/indianapolis-things-to-do/

No comments:

Post a Comment