October 28, 2011

Random Flashback for Friday 10/28/11



Admittedly, this is a little self-indulgent after all the cast shots of the last few weeks, but I WAS the director of "Through a Shattered Looking Glass: An Evening of the Supernatural", the fall 1991 Wig and Buckle production that had a special showing on Halloween night that year.


And I did start the show in a tux with a phantom cape (that didn't make this album, and know that I didn't wear the phantom mask during the show), walking into the theatre before the fog and laser and black light dance extravaganza to announce, "Wait. I think my dear. We have some guests. This is indeed an unparalleled delight. I had rather hoped that you'd all come. And now my dreams come true. You have truly made my night."


And then there also was that dramatic reading of The Raven I did during the scene change in a darkened theatre. If you were there, you know whether or not it worked.


All that aside, I can't quite explain this Michelle Peiffer pose on the busted up piano in the basement of MaryGreen. If I was going to dress up for Halloween in 2011, THIS would be the outfit I'd wear ... my 19 year old self all Rico-Suave-esque James-Bond-ish wanna-be.

No comments:

Post a Comment