September 6, 2011

Random Tune for Tuesday 9/6/11

I'm up to the letter R in my ongoing series of random tunes pulled from my cassette tape collection -- and I choose, over Red Hot Chili Peppers at that, the soulful stylings of a Raitt named Bonnie. The most worn out cassette I have of hers is not from her Grammy-favorite "comeback" at the turn of the decade in the nineties -- but it is her Sweet Forgiveness "album" (kids -- you can look that up on the Wiki if you're unfamiliar with that music delivery method).

And tonight's tune is one of my favorite songs of hers, hidden midway through the album (kids -- once upon a time, one listened to an artist's overall vision by hearing songs other than just singles released to ITunes), a sad farewell to "Louise" (... some cried when she died this afternoon ...)!

R is for RAITT, BONNIE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib0pNp8M0xc

No comments:

Post a Comment