September 24, 2011

Random Posting for Penn State 9/24/11

[Note: this was one of those oh-so-rare-now-that-I-work-from-home Saturdays-at-work, so I'm now watching the game on DVR -- which means I'm still posting at half time, as befits my template for this season's randomness. But that also means that if something crazy happened in the second half of the game, that would explain why I'm not making reference to it.]

1. Question: How many times must I sit through some variation of a graphic that informs me that much has changed in this world since JoePa took over?

2. Commentator comment that made me groan: "There's an air of mystery about this Eastern Michigan team ..." Ummm ... with the collection of statistics that y'all spurt out like verbal diarrhea, I kind of think any mystique is killed by the death of over-analysis.

3. Commentator comment that made me giggle: "I know he's a Brooklyn guy, but that was a bit more of a Bronx cheer from the crowd ...", stated after the first 3 points were registered. Why did I giggle? Because I'm pretty sure that was just a regular old cheer and not a derisional one. I don't think our fans are capable of making that kind of noise -- especially at a home game. So I guess I'm laughing at the commentator and not with the commentator on that attempt at humor.

4. Stat of the day: 2, as in now, finally, there are only two teams waiting for the first receiving TD pass of the year. Thanks for giving us ours today, McGloin, so we could get off that list and improve our image. (Sorry Bolden ...)

5. Final thought: Welcome back to the sidelines Mr. Man. We've missed you.

10 FOOTBALL THINGS JOE PATERNO IS OLDER THAN:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/731912-penn-state-football-10-football-things-joepa-is-older-than

FROM BRONX CHEER TO TOOT PILLOW TO PANTY BUBBLE (ICK):
http://www.nottobrag.net/2010/03/toot-pillows-bronx-cheers.html

SO I GUESS HE ONLY LASTED FOR A HALF ON THE SIDELINES AFTER ALL:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/15633974/paterno-returns-to-penn-state-sideline-vs-e-michigan/rss

No comments:

Post a Comment