August 5, 2011

Random Flashback for Friday 8/5/11



It was a birthday party 20 years ago this week!


And how do you balance a plate full of healthy crudité? With not one -- but TWO birthday cakes!


It's not polite to tell someone's age, so I'll have to leave the math part of this up to you (hint -- we can pretend that's a #10 on that cake, if that's more socially acceptable).


All jokes aside, Judy Woodward became my surrogate mother (I ran away from home before I was 18, so her generosity of spirit and guidance played a key role in my early development, irrespective of the legal role she played in that (ad)venture), and I will always be grateful for the love that she bestowed on me -- in that difficult time and in the many so-much-more- pleasant years that followed.


[I've been blessed to have had the privilege to extend the reaches of those I consider family many-fold in my life so far.]


Happy Belated Birthday, Mom (Woodward)!

No comments:

Post a Comment