July 1, 2011

Random Flashback for Friday 7/1/11

Oh Deer.

Not a "I want to live in Lakeview, Chicago" deer (see my Sunday post from 6/19), or a "perfect for a game of Bambi-esque punchbuggy" deer (see my Wednesday post from 6/1) -- but a real "mountain deer" from my mom's trip twenty years ago.

As I've said, I have no pics of my own until August, so I hope this cute critter helps fill the gap until my personal pictorial autobiography continues.

And as I've been doing, I still am trying to figure out why I was too busy in the summer of 1991 to take any pictures of my own, and I have uncovered my plans for fireworks that year. According to my notes (the Fourth is actually my second favorite holiday after New Year's Eve), I was sitting on the deck at home with the Woodwards. And there are two scribbles in the margins -- South Hills and Jarrod's Aunt Jill. I might need hypnotherapy to remember what they all have to do with each other -- unless anyone that was there can remember the connections?

Regardless, Happy Fourth to you and yours! Celebrate safely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment