June 28, 2011

Random Tune for Tuesday 6/28/11

I learned something today when I pulled out my cassette tapes to find the song to represent the letter "M" in my occasional series, "AtoZ Musical Eccentricities: the Cassette Years". I could do a whole year of posts on just this letter alone! And, perhaps more than any other letter, it illustrates the randomness and eccentricity in my collection*.

[*Here's the list ... MTV Party to Go, Mack the Knife sndt, Madonna, Man of La Mancha, Manhattan Transfer, Marcovicci (Andrea), Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch, Martika, Matthews (Dave), McEntire (Reba), Meatloaf, Mellencamp (John and just John Cougar filed under M to keep him all in one place), Metallica, Miami Sound Machine, Michael (George), Midler (Bette), Minelli (Liza), Morisette (Alanis), Mr. Mister, Murphy (Eddie -- not a typo), Music Man, Myles (Alanah).]

But one must be chosen. So I'll go with this Kids Incorporated alum's tune (and since these are cassettes, it's the original and not the one sampled by Eminem years later) ...

M is for ... MARTIKA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvdLovAaYzM

No comments:

Post a Comment