June 21, 2011

Random Tune for Tuesday 6/21/11

So it's the first day of summer. And I wanted to select a random tune that celebrated that fact.
But picking something with summer in the title seemed a little too obvious. And choosing something that spoke to "heat" seemed disingenuous since Chicago already had a super-hot spell in the past few weeks. Then I thought maybe a ridiculously long song to mimic the fact that this is the longest day of the year. But instead, I settled on a ditty that immediately connects with a distinctly summer memory.

You'll see pictures of this on Fridays next year (cause it was the summer of 1992), but it is a legitimate swimming hole up in the woods behind Dunbar (this is from my time in Uniontown) that pops into my mind every time I hear this Alan Jackson number ...

I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH THAT MUDDY WATER MEANT TO ME:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW5UEW2kYvc

No comments:

Post a Comment