May 25, 2011

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 5/25/11

Hevrole.

Used in a sentence: "I was barreling down the Indiana turnpike, squeezed on one side by a triple tractor trailer truck and taunted by an old pick up in front of me that seemed uncertain it could maintain its speed, with a tailgate glaring at me with the unfamiliar word 'hevrole'."

At first, I blamed NAFTRA and its side effect of porous borders allowing odd brands of foreign vehicles to cross over onto our highways -- surely lacking in inspections. After a moment of anger and concern and fear that I would die for the sake of free trade, I shame-facedly stifled my Beck-ian xenophobia, and realized that the C and the T had simply fallen off the truck in front of me at some time in its past.

Oh ... and I survived my first leg of my Memorial Day vacation journey just fine, thank you very much. On to Cleveland in the am!

WHO KNEW -- THIS IS ONE OF MANY PHOTOS ON THE WEB BEFITTING MY WORD:

OOH -- A VANITY FAIR 'EXPOSE':

MY KIND OF HALL OF FAME:

No comments:

Post a Comment