April 20, 2011

Random Wordplay for Wednesday 4/20/11

[Two late nights at work in a row means I'm posting a little late ... I picked the wrong time to double up on my obligations during Holy Hell week, no?]

HOLY (-ier post)

Amazing Race Word Association (Aside)

Used in a sentence: "After last week's episode, a little Amazing Race Word Association (my Aside for this week) seems in order: Austria ... Schwarzenegger ... California ... therapy ... Freud ... couch ... chimney sweep ... chimchimanee, chimchimanee, chimchimchiree ... Van Dyke ... Julie Andrews ... von trapp ... Sound of Music ... Happy Easter (because that was the traditional holiday movie back in the days when there were so few channels)!

*************************************************************************************

HELL (-ish post)

Gaborish

Used in a sentence: "Those guys make a mockery of marriage -- their behavior is just Gaborish."

It's not a competition, and the heart wants what it wants, but with 18 divorces so far among the Gabor sisters, something does seem a little sibling-rivalry-gone-amuck-ish. Not that I can't personally relate (hey -- not throwing any judgment around as it's made my life rather interesting) -- I'm thinking Gaborish might be in my genes (and maybe it skips a generation)?

*************************************************************************************

WERE THE VON TRAPPS ACTUALLY IN THE SOUND OF MUSIC?:

OF COURSE THERE IS A CHIMNEY SWEEP COMPANY WITH THIS NAME:

SIBLING RIVALRY IN THE EXTREME: TWO SISTERS MARRIED THE SAME GUY:

No comments:

Post a Comment