April 11, 2011

Random Memorial for Monday 4/11/11

Gone but not forgotten: South Bend, Indiana.

I could be slightly ahead of things, but Newsweek did recently rank it number 8 among 10 cities that were "dying". Between 2000 and 2010, it lost 6.1% (which isn't as bad as Detroit), and although the state experienced some growth during that time frame, it's still 82% non-Hispanic white (and statistics show that they don't propagate as rapidly as others in these modern times). I've been to South Bend, and it doesn't seem too bad (they have a hospital and are close enough to Notre Dame for some seasonal excitement), although there was a very strange bar that I went to that seemed a little desperate (and I've been desperate in strange bars before, so I know of what I speak).

What will come of Aunt Shirly's homestead, other than it becoming a place that will be missed?

BLAME THE STUDEBAKER:


ALL KINDS OF INDIANA NUMBERS (LIKE 19% HAVE A BACHELOR's DEGREE or HIGHER):


No comments:

Post a Comment