March 27, 2011

Random Scandal Sheet for Sunday 3/27/11

What Chicago is talking about this week:

Old media is dying rapidly all around us. While driving around town today running errands, I couldn't help but notice the multiple Blockbusters that were closing their doors (now family movie night is a Netflix, Redbox or CableOnDemand affair) and the Borders that were now selling items at 50-70% off (plus fixtures now also on sale!). In an apartment where I'm surrounded by books, will I soon not be able to grow my library except at yard sales and flea markets (and those books usually smell funny)?

And the theme continued ... I just caught the headlines on the news and apparently caterpillars are also threatening to leave Illinois. Am I really prepared for a future in this state that is missing both tangible media products and butterflies!

54 LAST YEAR AND 180 BY END OF Q1:

A FEW BORDERS WILL BE LEFT (HERE's THE ILLINOIS LIST):

IT COULD BE THAT I DIDN'T EXPLORE THAT CATERPILLAR NEWS STORY ENOUGH:

No comments:

Post a Comment