December 2, 2010

Random Thought for Thursday 12/2/10

I know the science isn't there yet, but I now know what I want to add to my disaster supplies (right next to my cans of Chicken Noodle Soup and the military rations I was given 20 years ago) -- a mini-Lennie-James (Christmas is coming). Between Jericho and The Walking Dead, I'm convinced that he's the guy to have in your corner in the middle of an emergency (whether you find yourself in a nuclear post-apocalyptic anarchy or just a regular old post-apocalyptic zombie anarchy). Maybe he could be one of those creepy foam things you drop in water to grow to 20x its size ... or he could be "on call" ... or summoned like a genie in a lamp at the first sign that life as you know it has ceased to exist ...

And, in an overdue Amazing Race Aside (I missed the additional race-related obiter dictum around Thanksgiving, so I'll double up this week), can I also say that he's the person I'd not want to Double Uturn (its funny how I applaud The Biggest Loser for constantly changing the game and coming up with unique challenges and twists, but get frustrated at the Amazing Race for having to learn its vocabulary -- Fast Forward, Yield, Express Pass and now Double Uturn -- and its subsequent and frequent adaptations to its racing rules and regs) for fear that he'd calm-ly and cool-y take me out if I got in his way.

LONDON LENNIE INTERVIEWED IN 2008:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/my-secret-life-lennie-james-actor-age-42-829091.html

THEY GOT A BRITISH GROW YOUR OWN EVERYTHING, WHY NOT A LENNIE JAMES?:
http://www.jokeshop.co.uk/cgi-bin/sitewise.pl?act=sect&s=3573&id=jokeshop

THE UNWRITTEN RULES OF THE RACE:
http://www.amazingracefanwiki.com/page/Unwritten+Rules

No comments:

Post a Comment