December 20, 2010

Random Memorial for Monday 12/20/10


Gone but not forgotten: the 2009 edition of the souvenir mug from Chicago's Christkindlmarkt.

It's the holidays and it's taken me a whole year to process the sad day in late Dec 2009 when the annual trip to the German market downtown resulted in the knowledge that the fest was SOLD OUT of the souvenir mug. I checked ebay in hopes to score one on the e-black market, and no luck. So now I'm putting it out to the universe like Oprah says I should -- all I want for Christmas is the 2009 mug!
That which fills the gaping hole in my souvenir collection, you are very much missed.
[see the sad sad photo above instead of the usual links and hit me up if you're of the disposable generation and no longer want what you got last year around this time ...]

No comments:

Post a Comment