December 10, 2010

Random Flashback for Friday 12/10/10



And so ends the tale of my time overseas in 1990. This photo was taken by my sister as I spilled out into the terminal at Newark (which is close enough to NYC to continue my theme week concept, right?) in December of that year. I brought back with me 3.5 months of memories, connections with great people, a multi-stamped passport, the ability to dream in a different language on occasion, a frequent hankering for Wienerschnitzel, an early affinity toward stronger, darker beers, that piece of the Berlin Wall I referenced weeks ago and a desire (not yet quenched) to return. The economy interfered with my early plans for a 20 year reunion there -- maybe it's meant to be 25 in 2015? Jawohl! Time to start saving my pfennigs [showed my age, there, I mean euro cents!]

No comments:

Post a Comment