October 5, 2010

Random Tune for Tuesday 10/5/10

I don't know about you, but there are some lyrics that have stayed inside my head to consistently play at odd times (and, I guess snippets of song are better things to hear than, you know, actual voices). And, since I've been posting regularly, I've yet to NOT be able to find the song of my choice on YouTube -- until tonight. I went looking for such a set of lyrics that I recall regularly: "whatever ... floats your boat; whatever ... peels your banana" and although the interwebs gave me the full lyrics and told me the song was from the Statler Brothers in 1982, it could not give me a video/audio link like in weeks past. So, instead, see below another Statler song that sticks in your craw: "countin' flowers on the wall, doesn't bother me at all ... playin' solitaire 'til dawn, with a deck of 51 ... smokin' cigarettes and watchin' captain (kang) kangaroo".

SUBSTITUTE STATLER SONG FOUND HERE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji0LMRxvUuc

LYRICS TO WHAT I WANTED IS HERE:
http://www.top40db.net/Lyrics/?SongID=82534

No comments:

Post a Comment