October 22, 2010

Random Flashback for Friday 10/22/10


And here's part 2 of "what's a boy to do in Berlin (in 1990)" when faced with the famous wall that once split the city? Why -- climb up on it of course. Sadly, this was in the days before the digital camera, so we didn't realize that I was mostly in shadows until the film was developed back home. But if you look closely, you'll see the Adidas sneakers, the black denim jeans jacket and the collar length hair that's been in the other photos from this year. Just climbing the wall wasn't enough, though, so I chopped a piece off to take home with me. That hunk of history now sits on a shelf with my other mementos from that trip -- a (now broken) Fruh Kolsch glass, lots and lots of beer deckels, a CDU election headband and the reflective thingy I pried off the road when we all went out for Thanksgiving. [As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't count as "hoarding" if you can still remember the story attached to every item (and if you haven't lost a pet or family member in the debris).]

No comments:

Post a Comment