August 28, 2010

Random Soapbox for Saturday 8/28/10

I don't mean to go off on a rant here, but ...

... no really -- I don't mean to go off on a rant here. Instead, I choose to go off on a rave (hey, there's a first time for everything -- and with the phrase "rant and rave" in our lexicon, I feel justified about the switcheroo). In what has been a not-as-planned August, I attended a surprise wedding back home last weekend, and I just completed a surprise move this weekend. [The surprise wedding will have to be its own story told some other time, and as for the move, I'll explain it more fully with tomorrow's post.]

For today, though, I do need to take a moment to rave about the help that family provided, on short notice, to make this apartment switch possible. Dolly and Walter, you can't be thanked enough for taking the time to come in, to help clean, to contribute to the new layout and to do project after project after project over the course of a busy 48 hours. I'm convinced you do even more now that you're retired than you used to do ... and even if we all learned that it takes us a little longer to recover, your help was greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your selflessness! May we all learn to be more giving of our time and talents, with you both as shining examples!!

FAMILY and FRIEND POET-RY PAGE (subscribe to poem of the day):
http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/family/thank-you-poems.asp

THE RANT and RAVE BOUTIQUE:
http://www.rantandravewholesale.com/content/19.htm

THE LOOMIS FAMILY CREST (if the Internet is to be believed):
http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.fc/qx/loomis-family-crest.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment