July 1, 2010

Random Thought for Thursday 7/1/10

[I'm going to celebrate July with a new series for the next five Thursdays!]

Sometimes I think that I'm the inspiration for the phrase "too clever for your own good".

Take my first days of driving in the early nineties. For quite some time I stopped at the gas stations to fill up my tank in my first car and was convinced that my choices of petrol (87, 89, 91) were the years they were processed (you know, just like wine). Feeding this fallacy in my head was that, the older the gasoline, the cheaper it was because it had started to "spoil". But then, as I aged, they never seemed to offer the "latest vintage", and eventually someone educated me on that the 87, 89 and 91 were octanes and not markings of the year of production.

SEARCHING IN URBAN DICTIONARY FOR THIS PHRASE LEADS TO THIS!:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=too+clever+for+your+own+good

PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING ONLINE:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100525081058AAHY8eH

No comments:

Post a Comment