June 24, 2010

Random Thought for Thursday 6/24/10

If you have a connection to Lebanon PA (my hometown), and you list your birthday publicly on Facebook, and it is in the last six months of this current year, chances are pretty good that I'm going to wish you a Happy Birthday on that date and attach one of those e-gifts of a beer from the Downtown Lounge. It struck me I should probably lay out some ground rules:

1.) I used to say to many of you "enjoy the last year you can say you're in your thirties/twenties", based on the age of so many of my high school graduating class, but then one day I thought that was possibly a depressing message, and I stopped pointing out that we're all getting older so quickly.

2.) The e-gift is not a coupon. You cannot print it out and take it in to the Lounge and expect them to give you a beer.

3.) The e-gift is not even a promissory note. If you run into me at the Lounge on one of my occasional trips back home, you cannot whip out your smart phone, point to the post and expect me to buy you a beer. If, however, you run into me at the Lounge on one of my occasional trips back home, you remember the well wishes and you are inspired to buy me a beer, I'll take a Guinness, thanks.

4.) If you have decided to swear off alcohol and enter AA, please send me a quick message and I promise not to attach the e-gift, because that would be kind of (unintentionally) dickish.

5.) I promise to get a new gimmick on 1/1/2011 to keep things fresh (assuming FB is still around at that time).

6.) If you've never heard of Lebanon, PA or its downtown lounge, then you're missing out on a great central PA location famous for its bologna, its proximity to Hershey and its independent film-making (that's a rather unexpected turn of late).

OUR LOCAL HOMETOWN PAPER:
http://www.ldnews.com/

THE DOWNTOWN LOUNGE:
http://www.thedtl.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment